The Amalfi Coast
The “Costiera Amalfitana” is characterized by a handful of winding roads connecting gorgeous villages wedged between the sea and the steep cliffs of the Lattari mountains on carefully constructed terraces in Amalfi Coast.
Among the glittering string of coastal gems, legendary Positano and Amalfi sparkle the brightest, while mountaintop Ravello has the glossy fame of its grandiose villas and Wagnerian connection.
- Day 1 / Departure from US
- Departure from Boston.
- Day 2 / Rome
- Arrival at Rome Fiumicino Airport, connecting flight to Naples. Transfer to your hotel on the Amalfi Coast. Accommodation in first class (4*) hotel in Maiori/Minori town center, Sole Splendid, Pietra di Luna, Minori Palace or similar.
- Day 3 / Capri Guided Tour
- After breakfast at the hotel, departure for your guided tour of Capri. Departure by motor coach to Amalfi, where you will board your ferry to the island. Upon arrival in Marina Grande, travel by private minibus to Anacapri, to discover the beautiful Villa San Michele with its enchanting view of the Bay of Naples. Then continue towards the Capri town center: visit the famous Piazzetta, the view the ancient decumanus, Via delle Caramelle, St. Giacomo Charterhouse (external) and Augustus Gardens. Free time for island tour by boat to visit Blue Grotto (optional, payabale locally - tides and weather permitting). Return to Amalfi by hydrofoil and to Maiori by shuttle bus.
- Day 4 / Naples and Pompeii
- After breakfast at the hotel, departure for your guided tour of Naples and Pompeii. Departure by motor coach to Naples, visit Spaccanapoli Quarter, the San Severo Chapel with its centerpiece of the Veiled Christ, one of the most impressive works of art in all of Italy. After lunch continue to Pompeii to explore this ancient Roman city. Walk the ancient streets and visit the frescoed homes, once the residences of Roman patricians, before the catastrophic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. Return to the hotel.
- Day 5 / Leisure Time
- Day at leisure to continue your independent discovery of the Amalfi Coast or for a self-guided hiking tour on the Lemon Path.
- Day 6 / Positano and Amalfi
- After breakfast at the hotel, departure for your guided boat tour to Positano and Amalfi. Departure from Maiori pier by private motorboat to Positano. Enroute optional stop at the Emerald Grotto (entrance fees payable locally). Upon arrival in Positano, visit of town center with free time for shopping. Continue, by motorboat to the town of Amalfi. After, you will have a visit of the historical center with quaint small alleys, Cathedral of St. Andrew and the Dome, Paradise Cloister and the ancient "Porta della Marina". Return to Maiori by motorboat in the afternoon. *** Tour may operate by motor coach if weather conditions prohibit travel by boat. ***
- Day 7 / Paestum
- After breakfast at the hotel departure to Paestum, the ancient Greek city of Poseidonia. Visit to the archeological site to discover the beautiful and well preserved temples and museum, where it is possible to admire the Diver Tomb, the unique example of Greek painting in southern Italy. After, you will visit the buffalo farm belonging to the Agriturismo. Return to Maiori in the afternoon.
- Day 8 / Ravello and Amalfi guided tour
- After breakfast at the hotel departure for your guided tour of Ravello & the Amalfi Coast countryside. Departure by GT coach to Ravello. Visit St Pantaleone Dome, Villa Rufolo and the mediaeval town centre. Continuation towards Tramonti. Here, you will discover an unexpected Amalfi Coast: unpolluted nature, centuries-old vineyards, churches and lovely villages where time has stopped. In an 18th century farm, you will taste cheese, salami and local rural specialities together with appellatio contollèe wines. Return to Maiori in early afternoon.
- Day 9 / Departure to US
- After breakfast, transfer to Naples Airport for return flight to Boston via Rome.
- 7 nights hotel accommodation
- Excursion to Naples and Pompei
- Excursion to Capri and Anacapri
- Boat excursion to Positano and Amalfi
- Excursion to Ravello
- Excursion to Paestum
- 7 Buffet breakfasts
- Entrance fee: San Severo Naples, Pompei excavations, Villa San Michele Capri, Giardini di Augusto Capri, Chiostro del Paradiso Amalfi, Villa Rufolo Ravello, Duomo Ravello, Paestum excavations.
- Beverages with lunches and dinners (1/4 wine and o.50 mineral water)
- Motorcoach for transfers and excursions as per programbased on departures
- Air valid for departures from Boston. All major gateways are available. Round trip air transportation includes air taxes and fuel surcharge (subject to change).
Map – The Amalfi Coast
Terms and Conditions
You can refer to our general Terms&Conditions