The Amalfi Coast
The “Costiera Amalfitana” is characterized by a handful of winding roads connecting gorgeous villages wedged between the sea and the steep cliffs of the Lattari mountains on carefully constructed terraces in Amalfi Coast.
Among the glittering string of coastal gems, legendary Positano and Amalfi sparkle the brightest, while mountaintop Ravello has the glossy fame of its grandiose villas and Wagnerian connection.
- Day 1 / Departure from US
- Departure from Boston.
- Day 2 / Rome
- Arrival transfer, by private car and driver from Naples Airport to Hotel Eden Roc in Amalfi.
- Day 3 / Capri&Anacapri Guided Visit
- After breakfast at the hotel, departure for your a guided visit of Capri & Anacapri. You will depart from the Amalfi pier where you will board your ferry to Capri. During the sail, breathtaking sight of coast from Amalfi to Campanella Cape and of the Sorrento Coast will amaze you with their beauty. Once you arrive in Capri, you will have a guided visit of the island by private minibus. Then, you will stop at Anacapri to visit Villa St. Michele, built by the Swedish doctor and writer Alex Munthe on the remains of the Roman ruins. You will transfer from Anacapri to Capri by private minibus. Free time fo lunch (not included). After lunch, you will visit the Garden of Augustus with a wonderful view of the famous "Faragliono". The main square, Piazza Umberto I has a pretty white church and several outdoor cafes where you can visit and have a cup of coffee. Free time allowed for shopping. Transfer by ferry from Capri to Amalfi.
- Day 4 / Naples and Pompeii
- After breakfast at the hotel, departure for your guided tour of Pompeii. You will be picked up from your hotel and head to Pompeii, the Roman city buried by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 A.D. You will have a guided visit of the excavations. The city is buried under a blanket of 6 meter of ash and rock. The Pompeii Excavations considered to be the only archaeological site which gives the real image of Roman city.
- Day 5 / Leisure Time
- Day at leisure to continue your independent discovery of the Amalfi Coast or for a self-guided hiking tour on the Lemon Path.
- Day 6 / Amalfi Drive
- After breakfast at the hotel, departure for your private Amalfi drive. Enjoy one of the most spectacular panoramic coastal drives in Italy. The scenery is superb, looking out over the Mediterranean, and each of the towns on the coast has its own charm and its traditions.
- Day 7 / Paestum, Mozzarella Farm & Greek Temples
- After breakfast at the hotel departure to Paestum, the ancient Greek city of Poseidonia and the capital of the buffalo mozzarella cheese. You will be invited to see the complete process of mozzarella making. After the visit, you will visit the archeological site of Paestum to discover the beautiful and well preserved temples and museum, where it is possible to admire the Diver Tomb, the unique example of Greek painting in southern Italy. After, you will visit the buffalo farm belonging to the Agriturismo.
- Day 8 / Free day at leisure
- Enjoy your day at Amalfi.
- Day 9 / Departure to US
- After breakfast, transfer to Naples Airport for return flight to Boston via Rome.
- 7 night accommodation at Eden Roc Hotel
- Excursion to Pompeii
- Excursion to Capri and Anacapri
- Boat excursion to Positano and Amalfi
- Excursion to Ravello
- Excursion to Paestum
- 7 Buffet breakfasts
- Entrance fee: Pompei excavations, Villa San Michele Capri, Giardini di Augusto Capri, Chiostro del Paradiso Amalfi, Villa Rufolo Ravello, Duomo Ravello, Paestum excavations.
- Motorcoach for transfers and excursions per itinerary
- Air valid for departures from Boston. All major gateways are available. Round trip air transportation includes air taxes and fuel surcharge (subject to change).
Map – The Amalfi Coast
Terms and Conditions
You can refer to our general Terms&Conditions