Cooking in Tuscany
Like all Italian cuisine, Tuscon cooking is based on using the freshest and simplest ingredients of the season. Tuscany is protected by massively thick 16th-century walls, featuring some of Italy’s finest medieval and Renaissance architecture, superb dining, antique markets, classical and rock music festivals, easy access to stunning nearby villas in the surrounding hills. Its cobbled streets, handsome piazzas and shady promenades make it a perfect destination to explore by foot.
This beautiful Cooking in Tuscany package will let you experience cooking in Tuscan kitchen as well as tasting the delicious dishes of the region. Take Cooking Tuscany lesson and discover hidden towns and villages of Italy.
- Day 1 / Departure from US
- Departure from Boston with Alitalia Airlines.
- Day 2 / Arrival in Lucca
- Arrival at Rome, connecting flight to Pisa. Upon arrival transfer, by motor coach, to Lucca.
Check in at Hotel Palazzo Alexander.
Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 3 / Lucca and First Cooking Lesson
- After breakfast, you will have a half day guided visit of Lucca, spanning from Roman Age to Renaissance. You will also visit the Domus Romana also known as the 'House of the child of dolphin' is an archaeological site of the first century B.C that is discovered in 2000. In the afternoon, you will have the first "hands-on" cooking lesson at The International Academy of Italian Cuisine followed by dinner.
After dinner return to your hotel.
- Day 4 / Lucca and Second Cooking Lesson
- In the morning, guided visit of Lucca, from the Renaissance Age to Modern Age. Lunch on own. In the afternoon, second cooking lesson at the International Academy of Italian Cuisine followed by dinner. After dinner return to your hotel.
- Day 5 / Third Cooking Lesson
- In the morning, visit to the local market. Third hands-on cooking lesson at The International Academy of Italian Cuisine followed by lunch at the school.
Afternoon, free time. Dinner on own.
- Day 6 / Excursion to Florence
- Full day excursion to Florence, the capital city of Tuscany, by train. Half day guided visit of Florence. Lunch on own. Afternoon free time in Florence. Return to hotel.
- Day 7 / Fourth Cooking Lesson
- Morning free time. In the afternoon, Fourth Cooking lessons at The International Academy of Italian Cuisine followed by lunch at the school.
- Day 8 / Departure to US
- Transfer to Pisa Airport, flight back to Boston via Rome.
- 6 Night hotel accommodation
- 6 Buffet breakfast
- 4 Cooking lessons with 1 lunch/ 3 dinners
- Private motor coach for transfers Pisa Airport to Hotel/Hotel to Pisa Airport
- Private motor coach from Hotel to Cooking School/Cooking School to Hotel
- Tips to guides, transfer personnel or anything of a personal nature