Italy’s Most Beautiful Lakes
All boast a Mediterranean micro climate cradled by soaring snow-crusted Alps.
Lake Como is called the most beautiful lake in the world due to its variety of striking views, famous villas, lush gardens and the pleasure to be found in the small towns on its shore.
Lake Maggiore is Italy’s second-largest lake. It is home to several islands, including Isola Bella, which is entirely occupied by Palazzo Borromeo. In the 17th century, the prominent Borromeo family transformed a minuscule rocky island into a baroque botanical masterpiece. This island, called Isola Bella, and its majestic gardens rose to international Grand Tour destination fame.
Lake Garda with its beautiful surroundings has inspired authors and artists alike. It has both charming villas and modern towns with all manners of facilities. To the north and west the mountains rise vertically from the lake, and there is an impressive drive from Gardone Riviera up to Riva del Garda on winding roads and through tunnels.
The pleasant climate, fantastic countryside, the many historical places of interest and the hospitable people make Garda an internationally famous holiday destination. Poets and politicians, divas and dictators have all been drawn to captivating Lake Garda (Lago di Garda).
- Day 1 / Departure
- Day 1 / Departure from Boston.
- Day 2 / Verona
- Arrival at Verona Airport. Transfer to Assenza di Brenzone (Lake Garda). Check in at the Hotel Drago (3 star). Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 3 / Lake Garda
- Lake Garda, famous for its tranquility and breathtaking scenery, is the largest of all the Italian Lakes. We discover its splendors with a coach tour around the main resorts: Riva, with its dramatic mountainous landscape cloaked in pine trees; Salò, famous for its beautiful painted houses; the Roman town of Sirmione, the quaint harbor of Peschiera, and the stunning town of Malcesine, with its narrow series of winding cobbled streets.
- Day 4 / Venice
- Full day excursion, by private motor coach, to Venice. (2 hrs 30’). Motorboat transfer to San Marco Square. Walking guided tour of this enthralling city of canals. Afternoon at leisure in Venice. Return to the hotel.
- Day 5 / Verona
- Excursion to Verona, the town of Romeo and Juliet, a town rich in monuments and works of art from different historic periods (Roman, Gothic, and Renaissance). Guided walking tour of the town. Transfer to Padova to visit the Basilica di Sant’Antonio. Return to the hotel.
- Day 6 / Tour of the Dolomites
- Today's excursion will take you to the Dolomite region, with its unique scenery, through the Val d’Ega to Passo Pordoi. Continue to Passo Selva and down to Val Gardena with a visit to Ortosei, famous for its handicraft. Return to hotel.
- Day 7 / Lake Maggiore
- After breakfast and checkout of hotel, transfer by private motor coach, to Baveno (Lake Maggiore). Nestled against the breathtaking majesty of the Swiss Alps, Lake Maggiore is famed for its serenity and abundance of flora and fauna. We take a relaxing boat trip to Isola Bella, one of the famous Borromean Islands in the center of the lake. We will visit the grandiose Palazzo Borromeo. Dating back to the 17th century, this elegant palace boasts an array of spectacular fountains, imposing statues and landscaped, terraced gardens which gently cascade down to the tranquil waters of Lake Maggiore. Overnight at the Hotel Romagna (3 star).
- Day 8 / Lake Orta
- Excursion to Lake Orta, one of Italy’s best kept secrets – an unspoiled gem which is quieter than nearby Maggiore. Its lovely lakeside villages and surrounding green hills provide a truly romantic setting. The medieval center of Orta has pretty, cobbled streets and tucked away cafes and trattorias. There is a beautiful main square which overlooks the ancient monastery on the island of San Giulio. This is definitely the place to relax and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the lakes. Before returning to the hotel, we stop at the Cantina Bianchi for a wine tasting accompanied with a snack.
- Day 9 / Lake Como
- We enjoy a full day trip to Lake Como. We meet our local guide in Como and board our boat. We cross the wonderful lake and pass many quaint villages and splendid villas and disembark in Bellagio. We’ll stop and explore this charming resort town with its graceful lakeside promenades. Free time for lunch on our own. In the afternoon we return to Como. After a visit of the town, we return to the hotel.
- Day 10 / Lugano (Switzerland)
- Day trip to Lugano (Switzerland). Upon arrival at Lugano, enjoy an interesting and informative guided walk through the pedestrian area and the characteristic narrow streets of the city center. You will discover architectural monuments from the past, bold examples of the work of contemporary “Ticinesi” archtitects. In the afternoon, return to hotel.
- Day 11 / Return to the USA
- Transfer to Milan Malpensa Airport for our flight back to the Boston via Rome.
Dates and Price details
|Departure Dates||Price details|
|Available year around||From $2,419.00 per person – Land Only|
- 9 Nights hotel accommodation
- 9 Buffet breakfasts
- 1 Wine tasting with snack
- Entrance fees
- Excursions to Riva del Garda, Sirmione, Peschiera, Venezia, Padova, Verona, Lake Orta, Lake Como, Lugano
- Full day Tour of Dolomites region
- Local guides
- City taxes
- Motor coach for transfers and excursions as per program
- Air valid for departures from Boston. All major gateways are available. Round trip air transportation includes air taxes and fuel surcharge (subject to change).
Map – Italy’s most beautiful lakes
Terms and Conditions
You can refer to our general Terms&Conditions