Rome & Amalfi Coast
Rome & Amalfi Coast
First Class Rome & Amalfi Coast package is designed for you to visit the most popular sites of Italy. The reason why the package is called First Class Rome & Amalfi Coast is because it offers first class accommodations in Rome and Amalfi Coast!
Firstly, you will visit the capitol of Italy, Rome. Rome is a place where the history took places and you can see the foot prints of all the cultures. While you are in Rome, visiting The Ancient Rome and Vatican Museum is a must and this package includes visits to both places.
Secondly, you will head to Amalfi Coast, one of the jewels of the South of Italy. While visiting Amalfi coast, you can relax, enjoy the beautiful weather. If you want to see the historic sites around the area, you can visit the ruins of Pompeii and drive along the beautiful cost of Amalfi.
The package includes the must see parts of Rome and Amalfi coast. However, if you wish to add more services or switch the existing ones to different services you can do that as well. This is a sample of a custom package and can be changed based on clients needs.
Day by day itinerary
- Day 1/USA
- Depart to Italy from USA.
- Day 2/Rome
- Arrival transfer, by private car and driver from Rome Airport to Hotel in Rome. Your accommodation in Rome is Hotel Dei Borgognoni or similar in a double room.
- Day 3/Private Ancient Rome including Roman Forum, Colosseum, Palatine Hill
- With this tour, you will enjoy the splendor of the classic Roman Empire. The guided tour will take you to visit the Roman Forum, walking along the ancient pavement, which crosses the evocative ruins of the Roman Forum, the Curia, and the Reggia. You will then admire the Temple of Vesta, the Arch of Titus and the Arch of Costantine. The tour will continue with the visit of the massive structure of the Colosseum (internal visit). Originally named Flavian Amphitheatre it is a giant amphitheatre used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles. The amphitheatre, the largest ever built in the Roman Empire, was completed in 80 AD under Titus, with further modifications being made during Domitian's reign. The excursion will go on visiting the Palatine Hill. The ancient “palatium”, historical residence of the Caesars, from whose name is derived the use of the term “Palace”, to indicate a seat of official power.
- Day 4/Private Vatican Museum & St. Peter's Basilica
- The purpose of this tour is the visit of the Vatican Museums and a large part of the Vatican City, one of the European microstates, situated on the Vatican Hill in the west-central part of Rome, its borders closely follow the city wall constructed to protect the Pope from outside attack. Leaving the Piazza San Bernardo, adorned by Moses’ Fountain the itinerary will continue passing by Via Bissolati, Via Veneto and the Villa Borghese. After this ample panoramic view, we will visit the Vatican Museums and the Vatican Galleries (lines possible at the entrance). There you will admire the modern entrance built for the Jubilee 2000, the Galleries of the Chandeliers, of the Tapestries and of the Geographical Maps, the Sobiesky Hall and the Immaculate Conception Hall. We will then stop to admire the Sistine Chapel, seat of the Conclave, with the famous frescoes of Michelangelo. Passing inside the Vatican Museums we will arrive into the Basilica of Saint Peter, commonly called Saint Peter's Basilica, is one of four major basilicas of Rome. It is the most prominent building inside the Vatican City and built on the ruins of Old Saint Peter's Basilica.
- Day 5/Sorrento
- After breakfast, you will check out of hotel in Rome and take a first class, high speed train to Naples. Once arrived in Naples train station, you will have an arrival transfer, by private car and drive, from Naples train station to Hilton Sorrento Palace in Sorrento with a 2 hour stop in Pompeii.
Guided visit of Pompeii’s excavations. Walking through the ancient streets you can visit the houses, with their wonderful frescoes, once residences of roman patricians before the tremendous eruption of A.D. Your accommodation in Sorrento is at Hotel Hilton Sorrento Palace or similar in a classic double room with sea view and balcony.
- Day 6/Private Amalfi Coast Drive
- Departure for a drive along the “divine coast”. The Amalfi Coast or Costiera Amalfitana is a stretch of coastline on the southern side of the Sorrentine Peninsula extending from Positano in the west to Vietri sul Mare in the east. The first stop will be in Amalfi for a visit to the historical centre. Then you will stop to admire the sea villages of Positano, Ravello, and Vietri sul Mare, renowned for its rugged terrain, scenic beauty and picturesque diversity.
- Day 7/Sorrento
- Day at leisure.
- Day 8/USA
- Departure to USA. You will have a departure transfer, by private car and driver, from hotel in Sorrento to Naples Airport.
|Rome||Hotel Dei Borgognoni or similar|
|Sorrento||Hilton Sorrento Palace or similar|
Dates and Price details
|Departure Dates||Price details|
|Available year around||From $2,139.00 per person – Land Only|
Services Included- Land only
- All private transfers
- Private tour of Pompeii
- Private Amalfi Coast Excursion
- Private guides for Ancient Rome, Vatican Museum & St. Peter's Basilica
- Skip the line entrance fees for Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican Museum & Pompeii
- Breakfast daily
- Hotel Tax
- Airfare from/to most major US cities are available at additional cost
- Tips to guides, transfer personnel or anything of a personal nature
- City taxes
- Optional excursions
Map – First Class Rome & Amalfi Coast
Terms and Conditions
You can refer to our general Terms&Conditions