Sardinia.. the emerald jewel of the Mediterranean!
Sardinia…the emerald jewel of the Mediterranean!
SARDINIA. Sardinia is the second-largest island in the Mediterranean Sea after Sicily. It has nearly 2,000km of coastline, sandy beaches and a mountainous interior crossed with hiking trails. The island has an ancient geoformation and, unlike Sicily and mainland Italy, is not earthquake-prone. Its rugged landscape is dotted with thousands of nuraghi – mysterious Bronze Age stone ruins shaped like beehives. One of the largest and oldest nuraghi is Su Nuraxi in Barumini, dating to 1500 B.C. From about 1500 BC onwards, villages were built around round tower-fortresses called nuraghi. These towers were often reinforced and enlarged with battlements. Tribal boundaries were guarded by smaller lookout nuraghes erected on strategic hills commanding a view of other territories.
Can I edit the existing itinerary?
This itinerary is a sample one to give you an idea of how you can spend your time in Sardinia.
- Day 1 / Departure from US
- Day 1 / Departure from US.
- Day 2 /Alghero
- Upon arrival at Alghero Airport, you will have a transfer, by private car and driver to Hotel Catalunya. You will check in to a superior room for 3 nights in Alghero.
- Day 3/Alghero - Cooking Class
- You will have a classical Sardinian Cooking Class at a local home were you will get to cook and then indulge yourself with the food you cook. This unique experience will allow you to see typical Italian hospitality.
- Day 4/ Alghero
- Day at leisure.
- Day 5/ Cagliari
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel. You will have a transfer, by private car and driver, from Hotel Catalunya in Alghero to Hotel Regina Margherita in Cagliari. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 6/ Unesco Barumini Site
- After breakfast, you will visit Su Nuraxi Barumini, UNESCO heritage site. According to UNESCO, this extremely valuable and important archaeological site is exemplary for being the most complete and best-preserved of the remains left by the Nuragic Civilization; at the same time, it also demonstrates the intelligent use of innovative materials and techniques by a prehistoric community.
After visiting Nuraghe of the Barumini, you will continue to Giara of Gesturini to admire its natural beauty and the famous wild horses Giara di Gesturi.
- Day 7/Cagliari
- Day at leisure.
- Day 8/ Wine and Food in Cagliari
- You will be picked up from your hotel for a half day wine tasting of Sardinian wines. You will have an expert guide taking you around the wineries and also informing you about the wines that are produced in Sardinia. Cheers!
- Day 9/Departure to US
- Transfer to Alghero airport; flight back to US.
- 7 night accommodation at 4 star hotels
- Breakfast daily
- Hotel Tax
- International Taxes, fuel charges, or security fee, Typically, $ 695.00 per person, subject to change until tickets are issued
- Tips to guides, transfer personnel or anything of a personal nature
- Terms and conditions apply
Map – Sardinia
Terms and Conditions
You can refer to our general Terms&Conditions